The Walk-in Clinic staff were friendly and non-judgmental. They had inspiring ideas and goals for my issues. I felt respected as a client.
HCRS offers comprehensive services for adults who are experiencing mental health and/or substance abuse difficulties. Adult services include assessment, treatment including individual, group, couples, and family counseling, referral services, and limited psychiatric services. It is the philosophy of HCRS that people are resilient and therefore capable of overcoming difficult experiences and recovering from mental illness and substance abuse.
We believe that there are many pathways to recovery and resiliency and encourage individuals seeking support from HCRS to also seek support from their communities. HCRS embraces collaborations with other community agencies to ensure quality services are being delivered and needs are being met.
Some of HCRS’ collaborative efforts include:
- Local hospitals, health clinics, and rehabilitation centers
- AHS District offices (Voc Rehab, Economic Services, DCF)
- Southeastern Vermont Community Action
- Senior Solutions
- Turning Point Recovery Centers
- Family Centers and Resource Centers
- Homeless Shelters and Drop-In Centers
- Supported Housing Projects
- Probation & Parole
- Community Justice Centers
- Community Health Teams
HCRS is committed to building on the strengths of the individuals and families of whom we serve. Our goal is to help you and your family achieve improved wellness, health, and quality of life while addressing your mental health and substance abuse needs.