The Vermont Department of Mental Health (DMH) recently released the results of their 2010 survey of parents of children served by the state’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health programs. The report singles out HCRS as having significantly more favorable ratings than any other community mental health center in achieving better outcomes for children, youth, and families.
This included positive answers to such questions as:
- My child is better at handling daily life
- My child gets along better with family members
- My child gets along better with friends and other people
- My child is doing better at school and/or at work
- I am more satisfied with our family life
In addition to HCRS’ high rating relative to service outcomes, HCRS also rated higher than the statewide average on numerous other quality indicators.
This report demonstrates the significant difference that HCRS staff are making in the lives of children, youth, and families across Windsor and Windham counties.
Copies of the report can be found at http://mentalhealth.vermont.gov/report/survey#cafu