When I get here I’m sad and stressed and can’t even think clearly, but by the time I leave I don’t feel sad or stressed out. I know I can talk to them about anything and everything.
24-hour crisis hotline
The mission of the HCRS Crisis Team is to provide the highest possible level of emergency mental health care to people in Windsor and Windham Counties. Specially trained mental health professionals are available 24 hours a day for emergencies; calls to the crisis telephone number will get fast results.
Anyone in Windham or Windsor Counties may use this service when a mental health emergency arises (individuals of any age, family or friends of an individual in crisis, hospitals and nursing homes, police, schools, clergy, businesses, and other community agencies).
- 24-hour telephone crisis line: Offers support, brief problem-solving counseling, information and advice about resources, and referral to appropriate mental health providers or agencies.
- Crisis Care Center: Call 1-800-622-4235 to arrange a meeting at the Crisis Care Center between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Monday through Friday).
- 24-hour face-to-face outreach: Members of the Crisis Team meet people in one of our offices, in a hospital Emergency Room, or in other appropriate settings in the community to provide crisis stabilization support, screen individuals for hospitalization or use of a crisis bed, or respond to a critical incident or disaster in the community. The integrated Crisis Team has psychiatric consultation available 24/7.
- Cost: Some services may be billed to individuals, Medicaid/Medicare, or other types of insurance, as appropriate.
The Crisis Team provides a variety of other services:
- Screening for court-ordered observation or evaluation in criminal cases
- Training and education programs related to crisis intervention
- Screening for involuntary psychiatric inpatient admissions
- Screening for children’s and CRT Medicaid-funded psychiatric inpatient admissions
- Screening people under the Public Inebriate Program
- Mobile crisis outreach and support
- Collaboration with local Law Enforcement